With the passing in Congress of Republic Act No. 236, during the incumbency of Governor Maddela and Congressman Leon C. Cabarroguis, Diffun was created as a town of Nueva Vizcaya. By virtue of Executive Order No. 466 1950 by then President Elpidio Quirino, Diffun became a legal entity on July 2, 1950. Mr. Silverio Pascua was appointed first Mayor of the newborn municipality.
Members of the newly created municipal council and all the local people were invited to inspect the proposed town site. A consensus was reached that the poblacion of Diffun would be divided into the following four districts, named after illustrious and heroic Filipinos Andres Bonifacio, Rizal, Aurora East and Aurora West.
Andress Bonifacio was located in northern portion of the poblacion, while Rizal comprised the eastern portion. Aurora East and Aurora West came from the division of a large tract of land that used to be called Disinaba, which was later on named Queen. This wide area was a place near the Sagat Creek. Since at that time Disinaba was already named Quezon, the two resulting new areas were named in honor of Quezon’s wife, Aurora Quezon.